- I am afraid of making traditional pie crust and too cheap to buy premade pie crust.
- We don't really love traditional pie crust... but we love the buttery goodness of a graham cracker pie crust!
My grandma made the most delicious no-bake cheesecake with divine graham cracker crust. I'll share the cheesecake recipe later, but here's Grandma's recipe for the best-ever graham cracker crust.
Grandma's Graham Cracker Crust
makes one 9x13 crust or one pie crust
What you'll need:
- 2 packages graham crackers (or appx 2 cups graham cracker crumbs)
- 8 Tbsp (1/2 cup) butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
What you'll do:
- Place the graham crackers in a large ziploc bag and crush with a heavy can or a rolling pin.
- This is my favorite part! An excellent ending to a frustrating day. :)
- Place the graham cracker crumbs in a medium bowl.
- Add sugar to crumbs and mix well.
- Add the melted butter/margarine to the crumbs/sugar mixture.
- Stir thoroughly with a fork.
- The mixture should be well mixed but still a bit crumbly.
- Place crumbs in your pan.
- Press the crumbs firmly into place using your fingers, a measuring cup, or whatever other tool you deem necessary.
- Bake at 350*F for 8-10 minutes or until the crust is just barely toasted.
- For mini muffin or muffin-sized crusts, cut baking time to 6 minutes or less.
- Cool crust completely before adding pie/cheesecake/yumminess filling.