A new addition:
Her name is Thelma. She's a 1TB Iomega external hard drive.
Thanks to Thelma, I no longer wake in fear every morning. Fear that my computer is dead and all my photos gone to their digital grave with it. (This has happened to me before. Sad day.) I have been living with this fear since the spring when we filled up our other external hard drive and had to wait until the fall for a paycheck substantial enough for even a small investment like Thelma. And her 1TB capacity means that she and I will be together a looong time before she's full and I move on to some younger, better looking external hard drive.
A competition honor:
Yes, Elephant and I made the top ten of the Iron Crafter this round! Woohoo! Now the winner is determined by the popular vote, so hop over to Fireflies and Jellybeans to cast your vote for your favorite cardboard craft!
A blog award:
Gwen from Gwenny Penny was so kind as to pass along the One Lovely Blog Award. I'm so flattered that she thought of me!
So now I get to practice bloggy karma and pass the blog award along! Here's how the award works:
- Accept the award. Post in on your blog with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link.
- Pay it forward to 5 other bloggers that you have newly discovered.
- Contact those blog owners and let them know they've been chosen.
- On My Side of the Room: Cute and easy crafty inspiration! Check out Kendra's Recipe Card Birthday Calendar -- you'll never miss a birthday again!
- Those Northern Skies: Again, awesomely crafty ideas! I love Melissa's flower wall art from recycled lids.
- The 30 Girl: More creatively crafty ideas... can you tell I like craft blogs? :) Katie turned a crib bumper into a portable nap mat. How awesome is that?!?
- Oopsey Daisy: I love Oopsey Daisy for many reasons, but my favorites are Alison's Mommy School lesson plans. What she plans for a week I can maybe accomplish in a month with my kiddo! :)
- We Talk of Christ, We Rejoice in Christ: I've stopped by intermittently, but what really drew me back and committed me was Jocelyn's month-long celebration of the family. She's invited some amazing guests to share some phenomenal ways to strengthen families.